Dropbox is a cloud-based storage and syncing service which runs on Android, iOS, Windows and web browser. Like Google Drive, OneDrive and iCloud, Dropbox is a perfect solution for limited hard drive space and file management. So, creating a strong password for your Dropbox account is way more important. If you have any struggle when changing your Dropbox password, this post is the quick fix for you. In this article, you will be shown how to change Dropbox password and how to reset Dropbox password on Android platforms.
HOW TO CHANGE DROPBOX PASSWORD
If you remember your current password, you can update your password by following steps:
1. Sign in Dropbox.com via web browser in your Android device
2. Tap your Avatar then select Settings
3. Choose the Security tab
In the Password section, click Change password
4. Enter your current password and the new password. Then tap Change password
Once you’ve done, your password will be updated to the new one.
HOW TO RESET DROPBOX PASSWORD
In case of forgetting the new password, follow these steps to reset your Dropbox password.
1. Access Dropbox app or Dropbox.com
2. Tap Sign in
3. Tap HAVING TROUBLE SIGNING IN? option
4. Choose Forgot your password? option in the pop-up box
5. Enter the email you used to create your account, then select RESET PASSWORD
6. Check your email inbox and tap the link in the email you received to reset your password.
When you reset your password, all devices linked to your account will automatically update the new password. You are able to sign out the linked devices from our account settings.
Reset your Dropbox password using via mobile app
If you are unable to access the email address linked to your Dropbox account, you can reset your password by the following instructions:
- Try to log in to the Dropbox app or dropbox.com with your expired password
- If you can’t sign in, tap I can recover my account using this page at the bottom
- Then, tap Yes
- Then, select Send notifications to send notifications to all your linked devices
- Access Dropbox in your linked device, tap Detail
- Select Continue if you reset your password on a web browser
Select Yes if you do it on Dropbox app
- Enter your new email address, then click Submit
- Access the password reset link in your new email’s inbox
- Type your new password
- Click Submit
After that, your Dropbox account email will be switched to the new one. Your Dropbox password will be updated.
So far, I have shown you how to change Dropbox password and how to reset Dropbox password. Hopefully, this information is useful for you. If you have any troubles in using Dropbox, my articles will help you out. If you find this post helpful, please give me like, share and comment below. Thank you for reading.