Dropbox is a free cloud-storage service available on Android, iOS, Windows, Linux and web browser. Since the first release in 2007, Dropbox has hit millions of users around the world. Also, this cloud storage provider is often on top grossing mobile app on Google Play Store. Despite these achievements, Dropbox has received thousands of complaints about security, privacy and data encryption. If you struggle to remove your account from Dropbox, this post is created for you. In this article, I will give you detailed guidance on how to delete Dropbox account on Android phone and how to uninstall Dropbox.
NOTE BEFORE CANCELING DROPBOX ACCOUNT
As soon as you get rid of your Dropbox account, these things happen:
- You are no longer access your account on Dropbox.com.
- Dropbox servers will remove all your files and folders.
- Any devices linked to your account stop syncing process.
- Your shared folders are still available to all your shared members.
- You are no longer edit files in shared folders.
Remember that once you’ve deleted your account, you and even Dropbox are no longer recover that account. So, you’d better back up your important files in Dropbox before removing your account.
HOW TO DELETE DROPBOX BASIC, PLUS AND PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNT ON ANDROID
In order to remove your Dropbox Basic, Plus or Professional account, you just need to follow some easy steps below:
1. Open your Dropbox account by web browser in your Android device.
2. Tap the Avatar icon, then choose Settings option
3. After that, scroll down to tap Delete account.
Keep in mind that deleting a Dropbox Basic, Plus and Professional account can’t be undone.
HOW TO DELETE DROPBOX BUSINESS TEAM ACCOUNT
When you are team admin
Dropbox Business team admins are entitled to cancel Dropbox Business subscription and remove team member. When team admins cancel Dropbox Business subscription, all the accounts of team members will be downgraded to Dropbox Basic. Then team members are free to delete their account.
In order to delete a team and its member accounts, you just need to follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dropbox admin credentials and cancel Dropbox Business subscription
- Delete all members of your team
- Delete your Dropbox account
In case of removing your own account without deleting the Business team, follow these steps.
- Add the new admin for your team
- Ask the admin to delete your account
When you are team members
As a team member, you can’t delete your account yourself. To cancel your account, you can ask your team admins to remove your account. Also, when your team cancel Dropbox Business subscription, you are free to delete your account.
Note: Team admins are able to recover a team member within 7 days since the deletion.
HOW TO UNINSTALL DROPBOX
We’ve just show you how to delete dropbox account. To remove Dropbox app on your Android phone, you can use some of the following ways:
From Android home screen
- Open apps button
2. Hold and drag Dropbox icon to UNINSTALL option
3. After that, a pop-up box will appear and ask your confirmation. Tap OK to confirm.
From CH Play
1. Open Google Play and search Dropbox. Then click the Dropbox icon
2. Tap UNINSTALL option. You’ll be asked to confirm your actions. Select OK to delete Dropbox
So far, I have shown you how to delete Dropbox account on Android and how to uninstall Dropbox. Hopefully, this information will help you remove your Dropbox account and get rid of Dropbox successfully. If you have any troubles in deleting process, feel free to leave them in the comments. We will help you out. If you find this article helpful, don’t forget to give us like, share and comment below. Thank you for reading.