Dropbox is a cloud storage and syncing app available in almost all platforms. One of the most outstanding features of Dropbox is easily downloading files with high-speed. If you have trouble with downloading Dropbox files, this post is the solution for you. In this article, I’m gonna show you how to download file from Dropbox and how to make Dropbox file available offline.
MAKE FILE AVAILABLE OFFLINE
Actually, Dropbox enables users to save their files for offline viewing. Instead of saving files to your device, you can easily make your files available in this service and access anywhere. These following steps will show you how to save Dropbox files for offline viewing:
1. Access the file that you want to turn on offline mode
2. Tap 3 dots icon on the right side of the file
For example, if you want to save file 1.mp3 to offline mode, click the icon on the right side of this file.
3. Scroll down and tap Available offline option
After that, your file is available offline. You can access it anywhere without Wi-Fi or data connection.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD FILE FROM DROPBOX ON ANDROID PLATFORMS
Beside offline mode on Dropbox, you are able to save Dropbox files to your devices.
NOTE BEFORE DOWNLOADING ANY FILES/FOLDERS VIA DROPBOX
Before downloading, make sure that you have a safe place to store your files/folders. We recommend ES File Explorer, a fully-featured file manager which runs on multi-platforms.
Now, I will show you the simple tutorial to save Dropbox files to your Android devices:
1. Open Dropbox app
2. Access the file or folder that you want to download
3. Tap 3 dots icon on the right side of the file to open file setting
4. Scroll down and tap Export option
5. Choose the place to save file from the pop-up box. Select Save to ES from the list
6. A pop-up window will appear and ask where you want to save the file. You can choose to save the file from the available folder or create your new folder by tapping the Folder icon, name the new folder. Then choose Select option
Once you’ve done, your file will be automatically stored in ES File Explorer.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE FOLDERS FROM DROPBOX ON ANDROID PLATFORM
Notes before download folders from Dropbox on Android
Dropbox allows users to download files or an entire folder. However, to successfully download folders via Dropbox, you have to make sure that:
- The folder doesn’t exceed 20 GB in total size.
- The folder doesn’t have more than 10,000 total files.
Detailed guidance on downloading folders via Dropbox
Until now, Dropbox hasn’t enabled download-folder function on mobile platforms. So, to download folders from Dropbox on Android, you have to access Dropbox via web browsers in your phone. Here to detailed guidance on how to download Dropbox folder.
1. Open the folder that you want to download via a web browser in your Android phone
2. Tap 3 dots icon on the right side of the folder
For example, if you want to save folder Cam 7 to offline mode, click the icon on the right side of this file.
1. Select Download option
Wait a moment. Then, the folder is successfully stored to your devices
To use the folder, tap open and extract the folder.
So far, I have shown you how to download file from Dropbox and how to make Dropbox files available offline. Hopefully, this information will be useful to you. If you have any troubles in using Dropbox, let me know in the comment below. Also, if you find this article helpful, don’t forget to like, share and comment below. Thank you for reading.