Dropbox is a free cloud-storage service available on iOS, Android, Windows, Linux and web browser. Since the first release in 2007, Dropbox has hit millions of users around the world. Also, this cloud storage service is often on top grossing mobile app on Google Play Store. In addition to Dropbox Basic, the app developers did release Dropbox Plus and Dropbox Business. As a result, one person can have multiple Dropbox accounts, and many Dropbox users often question how to merge Dropbox accounts. So, in today’s post, I’m going to give you the answer to this question. Hopefully, it will help you somewhat when using this site. Now, let’s get started!
WHY DROPBOX USERS WANT TO MERGE ACCOUNTS?
The option of merging accounts may come from the following reasons:
- Users want more storage space.
- Their dropbox accounts are at risk of hacking.
- They want to backup data.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO MERGE DIFFERENT DROPBOX ACCOUNTS?
Although users are allowed to create multiple Dropbox accounts, the app system hasn’t support merging feature among basic accounts. However, you are able to associate different accounts by:
- Connect your personal account to your Dropbox business.
- Sharing files and folders from one account to another account.
Now, we will move to the tutorial part.
HOW TO COMBINE AND CONNECT DIFFERENT DROPBOX ACCOUNTS?
Connect your personal account to your Dropbox business
1. Access dropbox.com via a web browser on your Android device and create a Dropbox Business account credentials. If you have already had a Business account, log in dropbox.com by this account
2. Tap your profile picture at the top-right corner of the main screen
3. In the option box, select the option Settings
4. Then, tap Connect option in Connect your personal Dropbox sections. After that, your personal account connected to your work account.
Sharing files and folders from one account to another account
If you don’t have a Business account or have no intention to own it, you can combine account by sharing feature of Dropbox.
Here are the detailed instructions:
Note: I highly recommend you using Dropbox on a web browser of your device for a better performance.
1. Access the Dropbox account containing the files/folders you want to share then upload files to other Dropbox accounts
2. Access your Dropbox account on a web browser on your Android device
3. Tap the icon More at the top-right corner of the main screen
4. Then, select Files
5. Tap the icon More again and choose Sharing
6. Tap the Add button next to each file/folder
After that, your files/folders have transferred to the new account. You can delete the original account without disrupting any of the shared folders.
So far, I’ve shown you how to connect your personal account to your Dropbox business and sharing files and folders from one account to another account. Hopefully, my sharing will be useful to you. If you want to read more posts like this, remember to check out other articles on my blog. Besides, if you find this post helpful, don’t forget to like, share and comment. Thanks for reading.