Google Sheets is a spreadsheet program published by Google. Google Sheets includes many powerful features, especially the cloud storage service, give users the convenience to use, both in learning and working. Whether you are trying to create a spreadsheet file to track your personal situation or analyzing your data at work, Google Sheets can still help. It allows users to create and edit spreadsheet files, whether you are online or not. The latest version of Sheets on Android adds a series of improvements in speed, new formulas, new features, … In this article, we will discuss the find and replace feature on Google Sheets. This feature is quite simple to do but not many people know how to search in Google Sheets. Here’s how to search in Google Sheets on Android.
Main features of Google Sheets for Android
- Create a new spreadsheet or open and edit documents created from other devices or on the web.
- Share spreadsheet files and work directly with other people on a file at the same time.
- Edit files anytime even you are online or offline.
- Format cells, enter/filter data, perform various operations.
- Everything is saved automatically when you type so don’t worry about losing it.
- Create and edit spreadsheet files without the Internet after setting up offline access in Chrome.
- Scroll spreadsheet files faster, remove restrictions on file formulas and sizes.
- Improved formula editing: Check out the editing tools to help you build complex formulas.
- New spreadsheet functions: users now can use the required functions such as SUMIFS, COUNTIFS, and AVERAGEIF.
- Filter views: create, save and apply many filter views without changing what the collaborators are seeing.
- With other functions including colored sheet tabs, paste transpose, improved find and replace, add-ons, easier linking, and new formatting options.
Want to see more Google Sheets tips?
The “Find and replace” feature of Google Sheets
Although Google Sheets on Android has many functions like that, users cannot avoid having difficulty in finding where to use these functions. The search feature is a remarkable function of Sheets you can not know how to use it.
This is an indispensable feature of any text editor. This feature helps you search for documents faster with spreadsheets with hundreds of lines and several columns. If you use Google Sheets on Android regularly, do not ignore this extremely important feature.
How to search in Google Sheets on Android
Now, we are going to the detailed instructions on how to search in Google Sheets. It is quite easy.
Step 1: Open the sheet you want to search.
Step 2: Tap the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the screen.
Step 3: A pop-up menu appears. Just tap Find and replace…
Step 4: Type the text you want to find in the “Find…” field.
Step 5: Type a text in Replace with… box and then tap REPLACE to remove the current text and add the new text. You can tap REPLACE ALL. If you do not want to replace text, skip this step.
So, we introduce you to Google Sheets on Android devices and how to search in Google Sheets. Hope this post will help you. Do not forget to click share if you find it helpful. Please comment below if you have any questions. Try free Google Sheets here. Visit our blog regularly to update the latest information about the Android application.