Dropbox is a free cloud-based and syncing site created and developed by the Dropbox team. Since the first release in 2008, this service has reached millions of users around the world and becomes one of the most grossing apps on Google Play store. Like iCloud and OneDrive, Dropbox is the solution for limited hard space and file management. Besides, this app does enable users to move files to other cloud providers. In today’s post, I’m gonna show you how to transfer files from Dropbox to Google Drive on Android platforms. It is one of the most common functions of this app. Hopefully, my tutorial will be useful to you. Now, let’s get started.
NOTES BEFORE GOING THROUGH THE TRANSFER PROCESS
To successfully migrate Dropbox files to Drive system, you should keep in mind the following things:
Make sure that you get enough storage space on your Drive account. If your Drive runs out of space, the transfer will be canceled. To avoid this situation, you can upgrade the storage before transferring.
Besides, remember to check the internet connection. In addition to the size of the moved files, this factor significantly affects the transfer’s speed.
Last but not least, don’t forget to check whether the Dropbox files have existed on Google Drive or not. If you move the existing files, the process will be slowed down due to the replace-or-not notification.
HOW TO TRANSFER FILES FROM DROPBOX TO GOOGLE DRIVE ON ANDROID
In order to move Dropbox files to Google Drive, you guys get 3 methods:
- Transferring Dropbox files to Drive via Dropbox
- Transferring Dropbox files to Drive via Google Drive
- Using the third service to transfer files from Dropbox to Google Drive
Transferring Dropbox files to Drive via Google Drive app
Whenever using Google Drive, you are able to move your Dropbox files to this service by the following guide:
1. Access your Google Drive app
2. Tap the Plus icon at the right corner
3. In the Options box, choose Upload
4. It will lead to the Recent files on your device, tap More icon at the left corner of the main screen
5. Then, select the option Dropbox
6. After that, you will be led to your Dropbox app. Choose the transferred files by marking the file’s box
7. Tap the Blue Mark icon. Drive may ask you to access the data on your device, remember to tap Allow
Once you’ve done, just wait until the process ends. Then, the selected files will be moved to your Drive account.
Transfer Dropbox files to Google Drive via Dropbox
Of course, you can move your files right on Dropbox. The process is quite similar to the process of downloading files on Dropbox. You just need to follow this tutorial:
1. Open your Dropbox account and access the files you’d like to move
2. Tap 3 dots icon on the right side of the file to open file setting
3.Scroll down and tap Export option
4. Choose the place to save files from the pop-up box. Select Save to Drive from the list
So far, I have shown you how to transfer files from Dropbox to Google Drive on Android platform. Hopefully, this information will be useful to you. If you have any troubles in using Dropbox, remember to check out other article on my blog. Besides, if you find this article helpful, don’t forget to give me like, share and comment below. Thank you for reading.